2018 Team Selection - Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas
Over 80 Years of Greatness
A nomination to take part in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the best high school players in North and South Carolina to showcase their talents in from of a national TV audience. A strong performance in the game indicates the potential to the best player on the field at the next level. Some of professional football’s most recognized and decorated players, including Todd Gurley, Jadeveon Clowney, and Mario Williams played in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas.
- More than 70 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas alumni are on NFL rosters
- 30 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas alumni have won the Super Bowl
- 2 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas alumni have been the overall #1 NFL Draft Pick
- 1 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas alum is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- 1 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas alum is in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame
Players are selected based on nominations from their high school coaches. Nominations are reviewed by each state’s coaching staff. Combine data is also included in this review process. 40 players plus alternates are selected and invitations are extended. Players must be high school seniors and eligible to play for their school. All classifications are considered. Click here to nominate a player.
Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas coaches are selected a year in advance. All are current high school coaches either in North Carolina or South Carolina. Each state is allotted one additional coach who is currently an assistant coach at their high school. This gives mentorship, instruction and incentive to continue striving to be a head coach.